Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Spike Shadow Puppets by Lynch and Urru (GRADE: C+)


I've finished Spike: Shadow Puppets by Brian Lynch and Franco Urru.  I grade this a C+.

I loved the Angel TV show.  And I like Spike as a character.  What I liked most about the show was the character development.  And I wanted some more of that in these comics but alas, I was disappointed.

This comic is about Spike trying to thwart the plans of a group of demon puppets.  The puppets were first introduced in Angel Season 5, episode 'Smile Time'.  NOTE: Smile Time may be one of my favorite episodes in the Buffyverse.

Overall, the story was interesting enough but silly and campy at times (and not in a good way).  I didn't mind reading it (it was pretty short), but I was hoping for something better.  I grade this book a C+.  Average/nothing special and at times entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment