Friday, November 25, 2011

The Drawing of the Three by Stephen King (GRADE: A)


I just finished BOOK 2 of the Dark Tower Series, The Drawing of the Three by Stephen King.  I grade it an A.

This is my second reading of this book and I loved it even more the second time.

Stephen King wanted to write his version of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy; he wanted to write an epic tale.  What he came up with is very different from J.R.R Tolkein's masterpiece but it is good none the less.  The big difference is that the Dark Tower series very much follows over the shoulder of one character, Roland, but it does not diminish the scope of the story.

This second book is about how Roland loses parts of himself to gain the Prisoner and the Lady of Shadows.  You'll have to read the book to find out what this means.

It was a fun and interesting read.  I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment