Sunday, January 30, 2011

Dark Force Rising by Timothy Zahn (GRADE: B)


I finished Dark Force Rising by Timothy Zahn this month.  This is the second book in the Thrawn Trilogy.  I enjoyed the book.  I grade this book a B, it was an enjoyable and fun read but I don't think that I'll re-read this book in the future.

Grand Admiral Thrawn needs ships.  There is a fleet of ships lost in space from before the Clone Wars.  The fleet may have been found and both the Empire and the Republic want the ships; there is a race to find these ships.

Luke is called by Joruus C'baoth and Luke goes to find him.  When found, C'baoth is not the Jedi that Luke had expected.

Leia goes to the Noghri home plant to try to convince them to leave the Empire and follow the Republic.

And the backstory of Mara Jade is revealed.

The pacing of the story was good.

The writing was good.

I enjoyed reading this story.

Overall, I would recommend this book.  I grade it a B instead of an A because, even though it was a fun and good read and I would recommend it, I didn't feel the urge to re-read the book when I finished it.  Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment