Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Reason For God by Tim Keller


April 30, 2009
I am currently reading The Reason For God by Tim Keller. He is a pastor at Redeemer Presbyterian Church in New York City. It is a good so far. Nothing in the book is new to me so far but Keller probably didn't have me in mind when he wrote the book. I think Keller wrote it for non-christians who have questions about Christianity. This book is primarily written from an academic point of view.

May 4, 2009
I just finished the book this weekend. Overall, I thought that the book was outstanding. If I were to give it a grade, it would be an A. If you are a Christian, buy one for yourself and then buy one to give to a non-Christian friend.
There were many good things about this book but the acknowledgements really caught my attention. I loved what he said about his wife. "The main reason I am putting this book into print is because she likes it. The praise of the praiseworthy is above all rewards."

I would highly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment