Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling


May 20, 2009
My students were incredulous that I hadn't read this yet.

"Mr. Lee, you haven't read this yet!"

"Mr. Lee, I read it the day it came out!"

"Mr. Lee, I read the entire book in one 7 hour sitting."

Well, by the look of the book, it will probably take me close to 20 hours to read it but I'm not a very fast reader but that's okay. It's taken me many years of reading to get to the point of enjoying the process of reading itself. In the past, I only read because I like to have-read (past tense) books; the actual process, I loathed. Today, I would probably choose reading over just about any other activity that I can think of.

I will let you know what I think of this. (NOTE: I thought the first four were good; book 5 and book 6 were okay).

No comments:

Post a Comment