Friday, May 1, 2009

The Weather Book by Jack Williams


I just finished The Weather Book by Jack Williams.  It is an introductory text on weather.  I didn't like the book so much.  I didn't like the non-linear progression of the book; there were a lot of side articles and side comments written in the margins.  I found the organization of the book distracting; it was organized like a coffee table book instead of a textbook.

In addition, I've been watching a series of DVDs--The Weather presented by Donal MacIntyre produced by BBC Video.  This series is outstanding and it is a great introduction to weather; my interest has really been cultivated by this series.  There are four episodes (wind, wet, cold and heat).  Donal MacIntyre was personable and charismatic and the presentation was accessible.  If you are interested in learning more about weather and how it works, I would highly recommend this DVD series.

No comments:

Post a Comment